From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- The transition from the Medieval Warm Period to the Little Ice Age
- Beginning of the Ottoman Empire
- Black Death kills about one third of European population (1347 - 1351)
- the end of Mongol Yuan Dynasty in China and the beginning of the Ming Dynasty (1368)
- The heresy of Lollardy rises in England
- The Great Schism of the West begins in 1378, eventually leading to 3 simultaneous popes.
- An account of Buddha's life, translated earlier in to Greek by St John of Damascus and widely circulated to Christians as the story of Jalaam and Josaphat had become so popular that Buddha was made a Catholic saint (Josaphat).
- Singapore emerges for the first time as a fotified city and trading centre of some importance.
- Giovanni Boccaccio, Italian author
- Geoffrey Chaucer, English poet
- Francesco Petrarch, Italian poet and writer