From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Significant Events and Trends
- Samuel Pepys begins his famous diary in 1660 and ends it, due to failing eyesight in 1669.
- The Great Plague 1665 in England. It is considered an outbreak of bubonic plague.
- The Great Fire of London 1666. Most of the City of London is destroyed. However, many of the rats considered responsible for the Great Plague are burned and the epidemic soon ceases.
- King Frederick III of Denmark (1648 - 1670).
- King Charles II of England (1660 - 1685).
- King Louis XIV of France (1643 - 1715).
- Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor (1658 - 1705).
- King John II of Poland (1649 - 1668).
- King Michael Korybut Wisniowiecki of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (1669 - 1673).
- King Afonso VI of Portugal (1656 - 1667).
- King Peter II of Portugal (1667 - 1706).
- Tsar Aleksey I of Russia (1645 - 1676).
- King Philip IV of Spain (1621 - 1665).
- King Charles II of Spain (1665 - 1700).
- King Charles X of Sweden (1654 - 1660).
- King Charles XI of Sweden (1660 - 1697).