From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Centuries: 17th century - 18th century - 19th century
- January 25 - The British Parliament passes the Constitutional Act of 1791, splitting the old province of Quebec into Upper and Lower Canada
- March 3 - The United States Mint is created by the United States Congress.
- March 4 - Vermont is admitted as the 14th U.S. state.
- May 3 - Constitution of third May the first written constitution in Europe, proclaimed by Polish Sejm (Parliament)
- July 14 - The Priestley Riots in Birmingham, England.
- December 4 - The first issue of The Observer, the world's first Sunday newspaper, is published.
- December 15 - The United States Bill of Rights is passed.