From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
- Alternate uses, see Number 500
- Possible date for the Battle of Mons Badonicus: Romano-British and Celts led by Arthur defeat an Anglo-Saxon army that may have been led by the bretwalda Aelle of Sussex (the battle may have taken place in AD 496)
- Possible date at which Fergus I of Dalriada begins his reign
- Approximate beginning of the Heptarchy period in the history of England
- Approximate year of the founding of the Kingdom of Essex
- Emperor Xuanwu of Northern Wei China becomes sovereign of the Northern Wei Dynasty
- Uxmal founded (approximate date)