From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
The Green Bay Packers are a National Football League team based in Green Bay, Wisconsin.
- Founded: 1919. Joined the NFL in 1921.
- Formerly known as:
- Home stadium: Lambeau Field, Green Bay, Wisconsin
- Uniform colors: Green and gold
- Helmet design: Yellow background, with a white "G" in a green oval
- League championships won: Before playoff system (by league standing) 1929, 1930, 1931, since playoff system 1936, 1939, 1944, 1961, 1962, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1996
- World Championships won: Super Bowl I (1966 post-season), Super Bowl II (1967 post-season)
- Super Bowl Appearances: World Championships - I (won), II (won); League Championships - XXXI (won), XXXII (lost)
Franchise historyThe Packers have won more league championships (twelve, including two world championships) than any other professional football team. They are also the only professional football team to win three straight titles, which they did twice (1929, 1930, 1931, and 1965, 1966, 1967).
The Green Bay Packers of the 1960s were one of the most dominant NFL teams of all time. Coach Vince Lombardi took over a last-place team and built it into a juggernaut, winning five league championships over a seven-year span. Green Bay won the first two Super Bowls.
Players of note
Pro Football Hall of Famers:
Not to be forgotten: